The Archives is pleased to welcome aboard Dr. Walter B. Shelley.
Dr. Shelley received his Ph.D. degree in physiology at the University of Minnesota in 1941 and his M.D. degree in 1943. He interned at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, and between 1946-1949 was a Fellow in dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital. He has had various appointments in Philadelphia, including Chief of the Dermatology Clinic at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital, 1951-1956. Since 1957, he has been Professor of Dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
His Army service included a tour of duty at the Armored Medical Research Laboratory at Fort Knox, Ky. He is associated with a number of medical societies including the American College of Physicians, and also St. John's Dermatological Society, London, as an Honorary Fellow.
In addition, Dr. Shelley is Regional Consultant in Dermatology, Veterans Administration; a member of the Committee